Saturday, May 17, 2008

Our newest family member


We just picked up our chameleon today. I won him (paid $160 bucks!!) at an auction at the local christian school. I don't know why I even bid on him. I guess I thought the kids would just love to have a new pet....but I am the parent and I don't like pets!! I can't hardly stand the blind, deaf dog we currently have. What the hell was I thinking when I starting bidding on a dumb little chameleon??! And I bid it UP TO 160 DOLLARS!! They must have spiked those delicious desserts they were serving with some kind of "spend-all-your-money-and-be-happy-about-it" drug. My mother-in-law must have got the same dose, cause she bought a pool table. OH well, I am sure he/she (I dunno what it is...how would one find out on a chameleon?) will grow on me eventually. He is kinda cute when he moves his beady little eyes in different directions. He/she can look forward and backwards at the same time.

No comments: