Saturday, May 17, 2008

How disgusting!

The chameleon eats live crickets! Did I know this before I went on my bidding rampage? I don't recall anyone mentioning the diet of a chameleon. I think I was probably thinking lettuce, grapes, apples and oranges. Of course the depth of my thinking has already been established...I did bid and buy the dumb thing in the first place.

So we went out to the PetZoo today to acquire said crickets. When you walk in they have a popcorn machine where you can help yourself to free popcorn. Yum...I will have some of that! And then you walk back to where the crickets and rodents are and they expect you to be able to continue eating your popcorn. I couldn't even look at them much less carry them out in the same hands that I was consuming popcorn with. Yuck. The other thing is you have to "prep" these crickets with some vitamins. You give them a spray of calcium and a couple dashes of the vitamin powder. Its like seasoning, I suppose, for the chameleon.

While at the pet store I had a thought. Skip the crickets, buy the ball python and feed the chameleon to the python. Dave would not agree to my plan though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanna you are doing an awesome job! We used to have a Collared Lizard and we had to feed it crickets. What a pain in the ass that was LOL.

Shari