Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Usually this day (weekend) is full of visiting the cemetaries and putting out or planting flowers. It has been several years since I participated in those activities. I miss it. This weekend is also usually full of food and cookouts and camping and eating. This year we had a small little cook-out. We made a fire up at the cabin in Chickaloon, roasted hotdogs and made delicious hot schmose (ala Buzz Lightyear). It was fun just hanging out, letting the kids wander around and then going for a family walk down to where the Indian burial ground is on Grandma Frisby's land. So I suppose that counts for visiting the cemetary, although none were related to me. There was a new inhabitant there though since the last time we visited. A man by the name of Herb Belanger now resides for eternity. He appeared to have a very exciting life and was a heavy equipment operator just like my hubby.
Today we went up to Hatcher's Pass and Dave took some pictures of Carmen, Jonathon and Emma for a wedding project. Carmen and Jonathon are getting married June 21st. It was beautiful up there but still very brown, snowy and chilly.
On the WW front...I am doing very well today. I lost 1 lb the first week and was very surprised because I was having such a hard time with the food part. I finally think I am getting somewhere with it though and know that I HAVE to change certain things in order to achieve my goal. Plus I have some added competition since Sue joined....I can't possibly allow her to lose more weight than me!! Sue - IT'S ON!

No comments: