Monday, July 21, 2008

Valdez Trip

We left yesterday for a 500 mile round trip road trip for one reason and one reason only.... this waterfall. Well... mighta been because I had a two day weekend and wanted to spend some time with my only child remaining at home with me before she deserts me and I'm all alone, but the reason I've been wanting to get to Valdez all summer is to get shots of this waterfall. This is Horsetail Falls. It's directly across the road and river from Bridal Veil Falls. I really wished I had a wide angle lens to be able to show these falls entirely. Joanna has the 18-200 with her, and I can't bring myself to attaching that 28-80 piece of junk lens to my camera. Neither of them would be quite wide enough anyways... as these two waterfalls are high in a canyon that doesn't allow you to get very far away from them. Horsetail is about 150 feet tall and right beside the road. Bridal Veil Falls is about 300 feet tall and you can get a little bit farther back from it. Once I have an ultrawide angle lens, I'll be going back for more pictures. Here's a couple of my favorites from today.


No comments: