Friday, July 18, 2008

No dogs allowed on loooong flight?

I am boggled. Why in the world would almost every other airline be able to transport a dog from Minneapolis to Anchorage and Sun Country can't? They say its too long of a flight. So I asked about just having the dog as carry-on (as suggested by the Northwest Agent) and they said they don't do that because it is an international flight. It goes over Canada and in case they had to make an emergency landing in Canada, there would be a dog on the plane. Ok? So?! And really, what are the chances of an "emergency" landing in Canada? We couldn't possible do that since some if not most of the people on the flight would not have the passports!! Geez, and they are worried about a little dog.

So, the dog gets to fly Northwest Airlines instead. The dog is a Miniature Schnauzer puppy that Sue found in MN for Emma. And since I was down here, it turned out to be convenient to look out of state to find a dog, since there are no schnauzers in AK. Who would have thought it would turn into an ordeal to transport an innocent little ankle biter? The dog probably rides better than my 1 yr old! I wonder if I could kennel him and have him stored with the luggage?

2 comments:

Dave said...

"The dog probably rides better than my 1 yr old! I wonder if I could kennel him and have him stored with the luggage?"


The answer is a definate NO!

signed,
The one year old's Dad

Joanna said...

Awww man, ruin all the fun (and potential sleep)!!