Sunday, July 20, 2008

After over 2 1/2 yrs, my boobs are not all that tough!

I still have not gotten the whole "latch" thing down while nursing at night....especially with those big chompers my kids have! Holy cow it can be quite "eye popping" when Austin wants to nurse at night and I am all relaxed and partially asleep and the latch is just NOT right. Hurts like you-know-what! Its hard to see where his head is in relation to my boob when it is pitch black dark in the room too. In the beginning of the night when he is just falling asleep, he is fond of going back and forth too. He pulls off and rolls over, only to roll back a few seconds later and want more "ma-na's". He does this about 4-6 times before I decide I have had enough and cover up to go to sleep. I AM NOT A SNACK BAR! I am so glad that Logan sleeps through the night and doesn't wake to nurse.

I have been nursing since Logan was born over 2 1/2 yrs ago and have been nursing 2 (tandem nursing) for over a year now. I am hoping by the time the boys are done that I am covered as far as protection from breast cancer, diabetes and all those other things that are supposedly benefits of breastfeeding! I know I will need some major repairs on the boobies so that I don't have to tuck them into my shoes when I go out!

No comments: