Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just call me Ump!

I did it again. I think I get better and better each time (2 times so far) and more and more confident. Tonight the main dude was a 14 yr old kid who was quite spacey. He was losing count, getting the counts backwards, not paying to close attention to 3rd base, but overall he did an A-OK job. What the heck do you expect from a 14 year old anyway? I felt like I was the queen bee of that diamond. I even yelled at some kids annoying me along the fence. Its almost like I have this invisible badge on my jacket and I am in charge of the rules, handing out citations, and collecting damages from players, coaches and spectators...no one is out of reach of my long arm of the ball law!

And speaking of annoying kids, do parents notice how annoying their children can be or are we all just immune when they are our own precious little angels? I work hard at making sure my kids are respectful and act decent with other people out in public (I try at home in private too, but when you got 4 siblings you don't always play nice) and I can't believe how rude and snotty some kids are. I see it all the time when kids are left to do what they want (no parents in sight) and to be quite honest a lot of them are little shitheads! There really should be a universal parent law....when you see some other kid acting rude, give 'em a whack! (Yeah, my MIL works for Child Protection in foster parent licensing!) Or at the very least your worstest meanest look possible (you know the one - where they will be scared to go to sleep that night for fear you will be in their closet to pluck off their dirty little toenails one by one). I really do have a problem with parents that don't actually parent and kids that are allowed to be sassy, disrespectful little creeps. No wonder society is like it is?!!

BTW (there is always a BTW) Mom - please let me go on believing that I was pretty much a decent kid, who got decent grades and was respectful 'most' of the time. Now that I am a parent, I need to be able to call the pot black without being the kettle.

No comments: