Friday, June 13, 2008

Grandma's Birthday Invite


I designed the birthday invite for my Grandma Ione's birthday. I didn't take into consideration all the older generations that will be getting it though and made some of the words to small. The pictures are a bit smallish too. Oh well, my mom says once she puts her reading glasses on it is all good.
My grandma really did have a rough year. At one point, she wasn't expected to live and everyone was planning for that. All her kids went to the hospital (1 from Texas flew up). She spent a few months in the hospital with several surgeries and then another month in a nursing home. Then she went to my mom's house for several weeks while she continued to get therapy. She is back in her own home now, doing well. She really has been a HUGE presence in my life all the way from the beginning and I was even living with her, while attending college, before I got married. I hope she has a great birthday and a better year and continues to improve healthwise. I have always known her to be a tough cookie!! That toughness is probably what got her through it all.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Tell Grandma Ione that I love her and to have a wonderful birthday!!