Thursday, August 7, 2008

Looong arse flight, drunken ladies advice comes in handy, we are home....

We are home! I couldn't be happier to be home. Even though my house stunk like 5 1/2 week old food, I was so happy to be home. The flight was long as usual....maybe a bit longer this time actually. But I recalled some advice I once received from a drunken lady on a flight about 2 yrs ago. She was trying to tell me how she got her daycare kids to sleep and even offered to hold Logan and take him back to her seat so I could get a break. (I am not the type of person to just hand my little baby over to some strange drunk lady, EVEN if she says she runs a daycare!!) (OH and remind me to forever remember her face so I don't ever leave my kids in her care.) (Just kidding, I am sure she is a responsible daycare worker....she was on vacation for crying out loud!!) (Have I used enough of these yet?) (OK, just one more....for ole times sake.) Anyway, she was telling me she would rub downwards on their foreheads and it would put them right to sleep. This did not work with Logan ever, but I tried it on Austin on this last flight and it put him right to sleep. If I knew who that lady was I would send her a thank you! So, Thank You Drunk Lady on Flight from MSP to ANC!! Your advice came in handy!

I immediately started to clean and took out the garbage. I couldn't even use my own toilet until I properly sanitized it...it looked awful. This is what a true bachelor pad looks and smells like....at least my bachelors!

The boys are getting reacquainted with their toys so I have been free to get the kitchen cleaned, floors swept, bathroom cleaned, laundry started and miscellaneous garbage picked up. They really are like kids that just got new toys. They haven't seen them or played with them in over 5 weeks....its like Christmas.

K....Gotta run. I am back to the business to running to appts, the store, the everywhere.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Hooray for being home! I was going to write something naughty, but since this is a family blog . . . I had a good laugh over your toilet issue. I guess it's true that men will be boys!