Sunday, August 17, 2008

Forgot to mention....

Logan is no longer nursing! I had been telling him in MN that when we get home he won't need "MaNa's" anymore and he will start to potty train too. Well the last time he nursed was August 6th, the night before we left MN for home. Its been 10 days now without nursing and he is doing great. He has asked for it on occasion, but no huge fits or anything.

A few days after we got home and he was asking to nurse I bribed him with a fish. So Logan is the new proud owner of a goldfish (#2 cause the 1st one fell asleep permanently!). He feeds his fish everyday. He doesn't tend to spend too much time other than feeding it though....I guess its just kinda boring when you can't hold it and feed it 12 times daily. Like I said, we are on fish #2. Our first fish feel asleep a day after the fishy warranty expired. Had I known it was sick and gonna die, I may have hastened its expiration in order to get it replaced for free. Instead I paid 10 cents for a feeder goldfish that most closely resembled the deceased one. Good thing Logan is only 2. I was able to do the switcheroo on him without him even noticing.

About the potty training....not going so well. He will sit on the toilet for what seems like hours, get off and get his underwear back on and then proceed to wet them or poop in them. He of course lets me know AFTER the fact. I have even tried bribing with candy and so far he hasn't earned any. I have to admit I am not all that consistent with it so far and have let him wear diapers 64% of the time. I am just hoping one of these days when we try again, it will be the magic day. Maybe I need to buy him his own kiddie toilet. Right now we just have the little padded kid seat we place over the regular toilet seat. If there is anyone out there with suggestions, please share. We have stickers and candy as well as fun underwear.

No comments: