Monday, August 24, 2009

Another broken bone...

Austin has a broken leg. He broke his right tibia in 2 spots. It happened Saturday night and we go tomorrow morning to see the ortho doc for a cast. I am hoping it just needs to be casted and that it won't require surgery or anything "harsh" to fix it. It was a bad accident. Brandon was jumping off of the trampoline and tried to jump over Austin but instead landed right on his shoulders and crumpled him to the ground. I know Brandon feels really bad about it...as he should. We have had a talk about being more careful and slowing down and thinking before he acts. He has a tendency to be pretty rough with his little brothers and this time it had bad results.

Austin had an awful day yesterday cause it was so painful but today was a lot better. He was able to sit up on his own and play in the recliner with things that he yelled for all day. He has a bubble machine that blows bubbles and lots of other "lap" stuff that works out great. Plus he gets extra treats like push-pops and popsicles.

2 comments:

Leila said...

Poor baby! I still feel so awful for him and you and Brandon! Give the little guy a hug for me. Love you guys!

Bobbie said...

Oh, no, poor Austin! I can't even imagine how painful that must have been! I'm sure Brandon does feel awful, poor guy. Give them all big hugs for me!