Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's back! I'm back.

Well, it looks as if I was able to fix that annoying error. I just removed the music at the top....so no fine tunes for your enjoyment anymore. I know you will all be terribly sad at that loss, but too bad, so sad! I am back.

In other news....my littlest little boy broke his arm on Friday. He either fell or jumped (I am betting on jumped) off of Brandon's bed. Not sure how he landed, but he broke his left arm right above the elbow. I was more concerned for his mental state immediately after since he was acting a little funny. I wonder if he got knocked a little loopy to begin with. The doctor at the ER was NOT impressive. I think he would do better with dogs at this point. He didn't even want to do an x-ray, just thought he had a dislocated elbow and wanted so badly to just do this special "manuever" to fix it. He was a bit to eager for me and I instead insisted on an x-ray first. I could not believe he wouldn't want to make sure something wasn't broken first before agressively flexing his little arm. Either way, I was right. The one without the M.D. behind my name. Makes me scared for other parents who take their kids in to that ER and have to be unnecessarily tortured by that doc. I am going to file a complaint about him though, so maybe he will get a stern talking to. I sure hope he actually took something from that experience though and may be a little more cautious anyway.





So....Austin has a temporary cast/splint thing on his arm until tomorrow. We will go into the Ortho doc tomorrow for his permanent cast (well not totally permanent, lets hope!). I was so glad they have to call in the expert when something like this happens. I surely wouldn't have sat still for that dumb doctor to splint or cast it. I really liked the Ortho doc, seemed really laid-back and more importantly - knowledgable!

Austin is doing just fine with his bum arm. He has a bit of frustration here and there when he can't do what he would like as efficiently as he wants, but overall he is running and playing just like normal. Its a bit different at night. I am sure that is when the discomfort is at it's peak and its been difficult to settle down to sleep or to get long stretches of sleep without having to dose up on some motrin and/or tylenol. That seems to fix it though, which is good.

Other than that awful experience, things are going well in our house. Brandon kicked my butt in Tic today, he is very pleased with himself. He even hung up our score sheet on the door so Dad (Dave) could see it when he got home. Let's just hope he doesn't want me to send it off to Grandma Ione. Brandon also made some bomb ass (borrowed that from Anna!) peanut butter cookies. I am sure as soon as Dave gets home their life span will shorten dramatically.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww poor guy. I am so glad he is doing ok with it. Hopefully the pain factor wont last to long and you guys can sleep again.

Shari