Friday, December 5, 2008

New post....original, eh?

I have been slacking lately, barely posting on the holidays and have a bit of guilt as a result. I feel like I have this massive audience of readers that check my blog daily...even hourly and are severely depressed when I disappoint with no new material. I would hate to create some hysteria that may result in mass suicides........soooooooooo here is an enlighting, comical post to enrich your miserable lives.

Let's see...what is going on in MY life. I have been getting more and more eagar about the approaching holiday. You know, the 'fat man in the red suit' holiday. Because I am wanting to put up a christmas tree early this year, I am going to borrow Ruthann's (my sister-in-law) fake 6 footer because they will not be able to use it this year. I can't really put up a real tree or it may be bald by Christmas day. I am anxiously awaiting them to unpack it from their van full of housewares so that the kids and I can delight in setting it up and decorating it. I got all the new ornaments for the kids already and have them personalized. I have started the tradition of getting each child a new ornament each year. Once they move on out, they will have a small collection to get themselves started and to remember us ol' folks by.

I have also been doing some wintery, holiday craft projects with the kids during the day. I attempted to design my own snowflakes....who knew it was so hard to get a decent cut out of a snowflake?! So I went to the world wide web to find a pattern. You can print out a piece of paper that all you have to do is fold and cut along their pattern and you will have a beautiful snowflake in the end. WHO KNEW? To bad Austin won't leave them alone....the things don't melt but they sure do tear easily. We also decorated some foam snowflakes with little foamy shapes and sequin type things. I also had some plain picture frames from last year that needed decorating. Those turned out cute. AND the boys (Brandon and Logan) did the ring things to count down to Christmas. All this Christmas energy and craft stuff and looking around my house, you wouldn't even know it was close. I really should get it up and displayed, eh?

So, since I feel like my fantastic little post may have saved lives, I will no doubt be able to sleep better tonight. If only Austin cooperates, that is.

No comments: