Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finally a short escape......

Yet, I worry about leaving the kids!!

What is wrong with me?? What parent doesn't dream about leaving the kids (all but 1) and heading off to someplace warm and enjoying some peace and quiet? Geesh! Maybe I think they can't survive or thrive without me. I know Brandon won't have any clean clothes. And I know Autumn will be living off of hot pockets and pizza and ramens. And I know Logan won't have a care in the world unless someone doesn't feed him and get him ice water. 2 ice cubes, of course.

Dave has a load going to Phoenix, Arizona, so Austin and I are climbing in with him and going for the ride. Hopefully that ride gets us back by next Sunday.

Gawd, I sound like I am leaving them all home alone. I am leaving them in very capable hands, just not mine. My mom and Abby are splitting the shift and Autumn will have just a few days on her own.

Now, I know what it is.....Dave's truck is lacking in appropriate air conditioning! Things could get sticky and sweaty. Maybe I will have him drop me in Colorado and pick me up on the way back.

No comments: