Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chicken, more chicken?

Totally random, but totally annoying as well.

How I would love to go to the grocery store solo once in a while. Today I thought I might get that chance using marshmallows as a bribe. I told Austin I was taking Logan to preschool and then going to the store. If he wanted to come with he needed to get his shoes. Instead he wanted "big marshmallow, just one". So I said, "OK...I am going to the store, you can have a big marshmallow if you are good while I am gone."

Austin, "Ok."
As I was heading out the door with Logan, Austin crams his big marshmallow in his mouth and attempts to also hoover his 2nd "bonus" marshmallow down, so he can yell, "I WANT TO GO WITH YOU!" Oy.

So, onto the chicken story.

After we drop Logan off at preschool we are on our way to the store and Austin says, "can we get chicken?".

Me: "no."
Austin: "why?"
Me: "cause we already have chicken at home."
Austin: "Well, can we get more chicken?"
Me: "no."
Austin: "why?"
Me: "Cause we don't need more chicken."

Now if that wasn't bad enough. Once we have arrived at the store, I get....
"Are we getting chicken?".

Now, I understand why Dave enjoys being hard of hearing.

No comments: