Friday, March 19, 2010

A gift


For christmas, my brother Pat and his wife Lindsey sent me a bulb to plant. They must not know that I am terrible at growing things and also keeping them alive. I thought I would give it a shot though and miraculously I have had LOTS of these blooms and this time 2 popped up and they happen to be in my wedding colors. Does anyone know if it will just keep on keeping on or do I have to spot it one of these days? I know NOTHING. I get a bloom, it starts to fall, I cut it off and put it in a vase and then another one grows and I repeat all over again.




2 comments:

my life said...

Joanna.. that is a daylilly. stella dora maybe! they are generally maintance free. it will get more and more blooms the older it gets. it will also spread a bit.. how are yours blooming already? mine won't start until May sometime! is it planted outside?

Joanna said...

I planted it in a pot in my house. I do not plant anything outdoors...I am generally not into planting or growing anything at all. I hate getting dirt under my nails! ;o) And I am in Alaska, so nothing is growing outdoors right now.