Thursday, October 16, 2008

Winter is here....has been for 2 weeks now, blah!

Its Alaska I guess. Winter is inevitable. I just wish we could skip over it once or twice. We got the pastures up and got Dozers shelter up....we still have to get the shelter up for the big ones. I hate winter.

Looking down our driveway.
Dozer's butt and her shelter we were working on.
Dozer
I am so glad we got Dozer, she is just a good horse for the kids. She is very tolerant of them being all around her and doesn't mind if they walk up and pat her on the butt. She loves them even more if they happen to have a carrot or 10 to feed her. We are taking her to the Vet on November 1st for her ultrasound to check for a foal. I know horses have had babies for years without the interferance of vets or technology like ultrasounds, but we are making it a fun fieldtrip for the kids. They will certainly enjoy seeing it and experiencing this with their horsey. Would suck though if there was no foal in there!!

2 comments:

fluffyslippers said...

i'll trade places w/ you joanna! it's 90 and sunny here. i wish i could be in the snow!
xoxoxox

my life said...

Joanna.. it is Alaska but dang it is so beautiful there.. I am sure that the snow would get old

here's to a foal!!