Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pictures from my short escape

I often forget to take time for myself and then get crabby.  (Just ask the kids!)  Especially with Dave gone 95% of the time...and not knowing anyone close by that I can dump the kids with very often, it gets ugly around here.  SOOOO....last weekend, my mom and John came to town to visit and help out John's dad, Alvin, after he had surgery.  It was also Alvin's birthday so we went out for Alvin's birthday lunch and then I ditched the kids and high-tailed it for Duluth with my friend Abby.

We stopped at Outback steakhouse (where I ate too much food) and then headed down to Canal Park where I took these pictures.  It was a beautiful day, but a little overcast.  Lots of high schoolers showed up at Canal Park to snap pictures in their prom attire.  Hopefully none had an unfortunate "run-in" with a seagall before their big night barely got started. 


I just liked this one for some reason...the light house at Canal Park




Big boat and little boat out in Lake Superior


The lift bridge that takes you to Park Point


Looking up the hill from Canal park

No comments: